CHURCH HISTORY

Trinity Episcopal Church was organized in 1821, and the church as it stands was established in 1831. The rectory along side the church was added in 1907.

WOODEN SPIRE

After Trinity was established in 1831, a new wooden spire was built in 1884. The spire was replaced by a stone tower in 1930, roughly one hundred years after the church was built.

TRINITY'S CHRISTMAS CAROL

The song "We Three Kings of Orient Are", was written by the Reverend John Henry Hopkins, who served as Trinity Church's Rector from 1872-77. The BBC program, Great American Railroad Journeys, featured John Henry Hopkins' carol during season three, episode six. You can find a link to the episode at the bottom of this page, as well as a link to the episode's transcript.

THE ORGAN

The original organ was installed in 1831. Our church is now home to a 1933 Kimball Pipe Organ, which was extensively refurbished in 1983.

 

Phone: (518) 561-2244

©2018 by Trinity Episcopal Church. Proudly created with Wix.com